Green Sustainability is important to Prontaprint who are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and making sure our day to day operations are more sustainable. We continually look at our procurement, storage, distribution, product development and production so that we reduce the impact of what we do on the environment.
Planting Trees with Carbon Capture
As part of our green sustainability commitment, Prontaprint are very pleased to announce that we have signed up to the Carbon Capture® Programme. This is an initiative that creates new native woodland in the UK through the Woodland Trust and the Woodland Carbon Scheme.
Carbon Capture is a method of mitigating C02 emissions and provides a unique carbon reduction solution, giving our customers the opportunity to purchase sustainable print.
How does it work?
When our customers place a printing order the amount of C02 generated in the production, printing and delivery of the paper is calculated. The most effective way to capture this carbon is to plant new young trees. Young trees use more carbon than established trees as they use it in their growth process.
The cost to buy and plant new trees is covered by Prontaprint as we are committed to reducing C02 emissions from our practices and to delivering sustainable print. This means our customers gain all of the benefits without any extra cost.
Why should our customers get involved in Green sustainability?
The Woodland Carbon logo may be used in conjunction with the print job to demonstrate your commitment to using reduced C02 paper which enhances your brand and reinforces your environmental message.
This is fantastic for PR and customer relations exercises as well as leaving you with the knowledge that you have done something to help reduce your carbon footprint and mitigate your environmental impact.
Why use Carbon Capture
- Woodland is the second largest sink of C02 after the oceans.
- 100% of the Carbon Capture charge goes directly to the Woodland Trust to plant native woodland in the UK.
- The scheme operates under the HM Government’s 2011 Woodland Carbon Code
- The Carbon Capture programme operates in partnership with the Woodland Trust the UK’s leading woodland charity.
- C02 is captured by planting of tress in new native woodland here in the UK, through the Woodland Trust’s Government backed Woodland Carbon Scheme.
Responsible Paper Sourcing
Prontaprint produce printed documents on an exceptional range of papers and boards, all of which are from well-managed, accredited and sustainable sources that do not impact on the biodiversity of the area.
We only purchase paper from pre-selected suppliers with high environmental standards;
- We use FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accredited paper.
When products carry the FSC label it acts as an assurance to consumers that the resources have come from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations. This assurance is derived from the wood fibre being 100% traceable back to a forest managed to maintain its biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
- We use PEFC (The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) paper. PEFC is a global umbrella organisation; it is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, founded in 1999. PEFC promote sustainable forest management, through an independent third party certification scheme. The PEFC body provide an assurance mechanism to buyers of timber and paper products that the material they use/buy originates from a sustainable forest.
- We strive to use paper with a post-consumer waste content.
Using post-consumer recycled paper helps eliminate the need for harvesting more virgin materials, and also creates a demand for the paper we recycle, thereby closing the recycling loop.
Promoting Green Sustainability
Did you know that paper is a uniquely renewable and sustainable product. The European pulp and paper industry is the biggest single user and producer of renewable energy in the EU. Now that’s Green Sustainability!
Common Misconceptions about Print and Paper
“Go Paperless”, “Go Green” and “Save Trees” are common misleading messages seen these days as many organisations encourage their customers to switch to electronic transactions and communications. Often down to genuine and common misconceptions about Print and Paper. These sort of messages give the impression that electronic communication is more environmentally friendly than traditional, paper based communication.
Businesses and individuals are increasingly using ‘cloud’ services. These mega data-centres store almost everything we do online and consumers should be informed about the environmental impacts of those activities.
Prontaprint is a member of Two Sides, a non-profit campaign to promote the green sustainability of the supply chain and dispel common environmental misconceptions by providing users with verifiable information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium. There are some great reasons to Love Paper Discover them now, www.twosides.info
Green sustainability – Other environmental initiatives
In an effort to streamline production and reduce our impact on the environment we also carry out the following sustainable procurement measures;
- Use soy and vegetable based inks as much as possible
- Employ environmental asset management, recycling and responsible disposal methods
- Eliminate wasteful production practices
- Introduce more sustainable transport such as electric vehicles
- Reduce plastic packaging
Prontaprint is a printing company that takes its responsibility to the environment seriously. With sustainable practices, streamlined printing processes, efficient on demand options, web2print portals, state-of-the art machinery and fulfilment services. Prontaprint brings green solutions to customers every day.
If you would like to know more, have any questions or would like to find out how your print purchase with us can make a difference to the environment then please do not hesitate to get in touch
Products and Services we provide: